Thursday, August 12, 2010

How I CAN do what I do....

Many of you know me as the "Social Security and ANY type of Disability Insurance Guru"! If you have ever wondered how I - with dx's of both Multiple Sclerosis and Polyneuropathy for over 45 years - and, who only has about 2 - 3 cognitive hours available DAILY, can do what I do - I'll share my secret with you.

FIRST of all, what I am accomplishing requires: 1) a strong spiritual focus; 2) a positive outlook on life; and 3) a willingness to achieve a QOL (Quality of Life) that allows me to focus externally on others.

I achieved all of this by being what I call "successfully 2-sided"; I focused on what I CAN'T DO to get the resources (including disability insurances and a "patient-centered" relationship with my doctors); THEN I focus on what I CAN DO to achieve a positive QOL. Next, I focused on my spiritual life. Finally, I figured out what I was good at doing; what my spiritual life was FORCING - lol - allowing - me to do, and I set about doing it. (Note: I joke about the "forcing", but it is really true. I had to loose all of my physical resources that allowed me to think that I could "fix/resolve" anything. After being angry and frustrated for about a decade, I reached the epiphany that allowed me to stop my "pitty party".)

This led me a decade ago into establishing my DisabilityKey initiatives - as a Nationally Recognized Disability Advocate, Educator, and Expert Witness. To find out more about YOUR acquiring either Disability Insurance(s) for which you qualify, and/or how to achieve your OWN patient-centered relationship with your doctors, please email me: csmagura@yahoo.com.

I have my own daily prayer/song that summarizes what and how I can do what I do:

My Abba up above,
Holy Spirit within me;
Both guide this Servant's hands and mind to show
Disabled HOW to go!

THANKS for visiting this Blog entry. Hope that it just might trigger an idea within YOU!

1 comment:

HisGirl said...

Thank you for posting this. I am surprized that someone else besides myself has this motto; "Quality of Life". When I share this information not many have heard of it. I learned this from my Hospice counselor, and am still learning it day by day. This has helped to keep my focus on the positve, hopeful and empowering things in my life, including my faith. This has been life changing for me to focus and act on the things that I "Can" do verses what I can't do.